Pages

Monday, January 10

Bounce House

Apologies first.

Sorry for the sad post on Friday. I felt as if an update was needed. Some folks had emailed me sensing something different in the force, so I felt like putting it out there.

Sorry for today's late post. I woke up to snow covered roads and no work to go to, so I went back to bed and slept in.

There was some turn around this weekend. Saturday The Pie went to the Humane Society to work her volunteer shift. While she was there someone came in with a half dead puppy and a very tall tale. Next thing you know she's rushing the lifeless body to the doggie ER around the corner. Hours later, after she returned home, she got the call... they had saved her and needed a foster family.

This is Bounce. She wasn't treated very well by her owners, but she's quite resilient.

While The Pie was out saving the world I went for a ride on the Superbeast with Mr and Mrs Bill Nye. Mrs Bill Nye is training for the Six Hours of Warrior Creek, and she will be riding a single speed in her debut event. Science!!

Things got even better when I found myself in the beer aisle at the grocery store that night and spotted this:
Asheville, North Carolina's very own Highland Brewery Mountain Medley 12 pack. Mmmmmm...

Sunday I put on my big boy pants and went to do trail work on the short track course. We were there to do some "all weathering" work on the course. I was there to help, but then again I was also there on my own agenda.

There used to be little kicker before a gully that would boot you up in the air enough to launch you into the transition of the gully. I helped build it years ago when the short track was built, but it has not fared well over the last decade or so. This is where the pro photographer guy would catch people getting mad air tweaking their wheels sideways and such acts of non raciness. I could not find the picture of me jumping into the gully with my tongue hanging out in my archives. I could only find this:

With some help we got the kicker built back up. Unfortunately the gully is more of a dip now, so there is less transition to land in. Once we were all done I went back to the lot and grabbed my bike.

Taking a page outta Doug's book....

I kept my big boy pants in check with an old school Awesome Strap.

I went right to the jump. It sucked. I felt terrible since earlier that morning I told Stabby I was going out to do trail work, and he said "Don't build a shitty jump." I did.

I went back to the car, grabbed my shovel, and continued shoveling for another twenty minutes or so. I can say that it is now better but not quite ideal. Without another layer of crusher run on top it may not weather the whole season very well.

I need direct adult supervision.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Can you hold that puppy in front of your cleavage and have your wife take a photo?

Anonymous said...

yikes.. cleavage!

nice pup! we have a new little dog as well (he's 6 months here though)... love is something when they sht on the floor!

yah outta take that three wheeler out to the races!
dare yah!