Pages

Tuesday, January 11

Hero of the Earth

Yesterday I had the day off due to Snowmaggedon 2011. With nothing better to do I got up, got dressed, blogged, and then hit the sauce.

After my 78th game of Minesweeper I got bored, so I invited a few friends over. Things got out of hand pretty quick.

Way outta hand.

All right. I made that up. My life is hardly that cool and hipstery. I don't even own a pink skinsuit.

In actuality I got up, blogged, and then rang my bells for awhile...

Remembering that bell ringing is sorta effeminate I grabbed my guitar and belted out some tunes.

Oh yeah, that wasn't me either. That was my doppleganger from the band OK Go.

My cabin fever (not to be mistaken for my crabon fjever) got the best of me, so I headed out to the YMCA to get a workout.



Still not me? Still my doppleganger again? Shit, what did I do? Somehow I killed the whole day without accomplishing much at all. The Original Big Ring had sent me some stickers, and I probably lost hours and hours trying to figure out where to stick them.

When I asked The Pie where to stick them she offered a suggestion, but I didn't think anybody would ever see them there.

Well, except for Kim from Kanadia.

The only thing I actually got done all day was a trip to the post office to mail out some eBay stuff. I shoved the oversize boxes into my Timbuk schwag bag from the 2010 Trans-Sylvania Epic. The boxes with forks in them stuck out pretty far, and with the freezing rain coming down I had to cover them with a Camelbak rainfly.

After the post office I headed over to the hardware store to buy some new light bulbs. Riding my bike to the store to pick up environmentally friendly curly bulbs filled me with so much self righteousness that I went home smug and content calling it a day.

So I guess I saved the earth yesterday What did you do?

9 comments:

CB2 said...

My hippy turned ultra-conservative wife would like to remind me to remind you to responsibly recycle those curly light bulbs when their life cycle is over as they contain mercury.

dicky said...

Really? Didn't know that. I have to google that now.

dicky said...

Eesshhh... I have like a million CFL light bulbs in my mouth:

"A CFL bulb generally contains an average of 5 mg of mercury (about one-fifth of that found in the average watch battery, and less than 1/100th of the mercury found in an amalgam dental filling)"

CB2 said...

but if everyone threw their Dicky's mouths away where would we be?

the original big ring said...

Jebus loves to recycle.

Save me Jebus.

Anonymous said...

I collect recycled chamois.
I take the cloth and use it for scarfs
I take the ball grease and use it as lip balm.


peace brother...

you're an environmentally sort of fella. Yah ride all day and all night long!

Jake said...

Went to work... played with aquifers... the usual.

Anonymous said...

I wondered all day long why Team Dicky did not reveal his new frame sponsor on Monday and then, bam, nothing on Tuesday either. Not even a clue . . .

WV TESSESS (Seriously!).

dicky said...

Meh, I'll get around to it...

And by "it" I mean the reason why you still haven't heard anything.