Pages

Monday, June 27

WADA is not invited

An odd failure in communication had me running 1.5-2 miles in sandals to dinner on Saturday. I have not ran since February 2010, and definitely not since I hurt my ankle in September of last year.

I woke up Sunday pretty sore, not remembering that I had ran the day before until much later.

I had no ride plan on Sunday. I had an invite to ride faster and probably further than I wanted to approximately 40 minutes (by car) from my house in the cool of the morning. There was another option on the table. I called Stabby, and he and Eric Van Driver were going to wait until the heat of the day to ride at the US National Whitewater Center.

Strange. I don't ride out there for over six months, and now I find myself riding out there three weeks in a row. In keeping with recent stupidity, I decided to ride the 16 miles out there once again since it just seems like the thing to do.

On the way out I considered how I needed to get the Misfit diSSent Brontoawesomeous Meatplow V.5 ready for the Tour de Burg. At the very least I need to get a beefier tire than the IKON on the rear since I ripped two of them in State College at the Trans-Sylvania Epic. Then I considered my options, took it a little too far, and decided I would steal the wheels and 120mm Rock Shox Reba XX from the Superbeast and roll some squish at the TdB.

Then I hit the trails at the USNWC with Stabby and Eric Van Driver. The trails were in perfect condition and my bike just felt perfect, convincing me that I needed to not screw with it... save for the fragile (for the VA conditions) rear tire. Rich meet Square One, Square One, Rich.

Maybe I'll wake up someday this week and change my mind again.

Not that it matters much, but I did finally take the time to swap the almost two year old header image that George took of me in my MOOTSkit at the SSWC09 in Durango on my results page to something more current.

Something more A E Landes'esque.

Yeah, life has been that busy and my focus/humor has gone to shit. It's about time to do one of the hardest stage "races" a normal person can do, yet there are never any normal people there.

Three days to Le Tour.

No comments: