Pages

Friday, December 14

Baby Bear

Thanks to the benevolence of others in positions or power, I think I have an ass sack that fills the hole in my line up.

I was afraid to make a purchase without touching it (I've been burned), but it certainly looked right from what I could gather.  I've got so many other ass sack options, but I wanted an absolute minimalist pack.  I don't plan on riding an inferior bike with only one water bottle cage any time soon, so no need for a bottle strapped to my back.  I wanna carry my phone, Tülbag with tools, those small chunks of fire starter and flame makers (if riding in the mountains), something to chaw on if I need to satiate my human need for foodage, mebbe my Sawyer water filter, keys.... not much else.  I don't want it flopping about or jostling my contents.  I do have some SWAT bibs that do the job nicely, but I've only got the one pair.  Not as useful on extended trips without risking crotch rot. 

You can google all the reviews for the Hot Laps Stealth on your own (or read the review in print in Dirt Rag) to see just how slender it is on your lower back.  Obviously, it's not for everyone due to its minimal capacity, but if you're a ding dong like me, its much buenos.

I can't wait to play with my new toy.  This probably has more to do with the fact that I haven't ridden a mountain bike in two weeks and haven't ridden in the mountains proper in almost a month.

Mebbe when I get around to shoving things into it and riding (as opposed to strapping it on and jumping around in the kitchen), I'll get some interior shots and whatnot.  I was kinda surprised by the lack of that information and details on the webs.  I mean, MBAction.com wasted all the useful space with shit I strap to my bike...

and ignored the three pockets accessible on the outside of the pack (one that holds my water filter nicely and another that will take my camera AND allow fast access).

Pointless post... except for the fellow minimalists out there.

1 comment:

mike said...

Amphipod Microstretch Plus is another good option and even more minimaler.